Conveniently situated in the heart of the city, the charming boutique-style St. Regis Hotel offers guests classy hotel accommodations, as well as world-class services and amenities. As a Canadian-owned and independent hotel company that was established in 1913, the St. Regis underwent a major renovation period in December of 2008 to allow its rich heritage and history to shine through. Perfect for both leisure travellers and business guests, this hotel focuses on comfort, convenience and provides a level a service that goes above and beyond guest expectations.
When guests stop in Vancouver, they can find everything they need at the St. Regis Hotel. Included in each all inclusive room booking are fantastic complimentary luxuries such as high-speed internet and Wi-Fi, full business services, a full breakfast offering continental dishes and a variety of other menu items, as well as free Steve Nash Sports Club passes. Other in-room bonuses include Fiji bottled water, turn down service (with that cute chocolate on the pillow!) and free worldwide long distance calling services.
The accommodations at the St. Regis Hotel offers guests an exceptional amount of comfort when they want to catch a solid night of rest and many of the suites and guest rooms have a separate seating area to provide guests with extra comfort options.
Rooms and suites feature state-of-the-art amenities such as work desks, 50″ LCD TVs, soaker tubs, heated floors, double sinks, king, queen and double size beds, plug and play media hubs and so much more.
There is a nearby secure underground parking lot available to all guests at a rate of $25 a night that provides unlimited in and out access and by key only. If you feel like enjoying a little pampering while you are in the city, make sure you take advantage of the hotel’s private massage service. Guests can enjoy a variety of massage treatments including foot reflexology, Swedish massage, Shiatsu and a deep tissue massage in the privacy of their own room.
Looking for a place to burn off unwanted calories or a place to get your blood pumping? All of the St. Regis Hotel guests have complimentary access to a 40,000 square foot gym facility in the heart of downtown at the Steve Nash Sports Club. If you are travelling on business and need to perform business operations as usual, the hotel provides a variety of business services including computers, internet access, a library, lounge area, printing, faxing and more.
When it comes to dining, the St. Regis Hotel has you covered. With its next door neighbour as the St. Regis Bar & Grill and partnership with nearby Gotham Steakhouse, there is always something on the menu that guests will love. From a sports bar, beer and Regis wings type of atmosphere to a chic and swanky New York-style steakhouse, you won’t be sorry you chose to stay at the luxurious St. Regis Hotel.
This hotel is the perfect choice for those seeking ultimate convenience in the heart of downtown Vancouver. Whether you are taking a mini vacation within your own city, visiting from out of town or travelling on business, the newly renovated St. Regis Hotel is within steps of every downtown attraction, restaurant, bar, shopping venue and conference hall.
Three Highlights that Make this Hotel Unique:
- All inclusive services including free long distance calling and Steve Nash gym passes.
- Two on-site restaurants to choose from. Check them out here.
- State-of-the-art room amenities like heated bathroom floors, play media hubs and deep soaker tubs.
Amenities Featured At The St. Regis Hotel Include:
- Concierge service
- Porter service
- Free access to business centre
- Complimentary printing and faxing
- iPads available for rent
- St. Regis Fine Wine and Spirits
- St. Regis Bar and Grill
- Gotham Steakhouse and Cocktail Bar
- Starbucks Coffee on-site
- Secure pay underground parking with unlimited in and out privileges
- Ice and vending machines
- Complimentary local and international newspaper in lobby
- Library in business center
- Secure key access to guest floors and elevator
- Meeting space available
- Complimentary membership in St. Regis Rewards by VOILA
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
Gotham Restaurant is a unique experience when it comes to dining in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia. Located at 615 Seymour Street and built within one of the only remaining art deco buildings in Vancouver, this restaurant venue definitely has its share of rich history dating back to its original completion date in 1933.
The decor and ambiance matches the mood of those seeking some comfort, scrumptious cuisine and friendly dining services after a long day. With rich velvets, glossy dark cherry woods and art deco details, this well-known steak house provides a warm and inviting dining experience for travellers and locals alike.
Three Highlights that Make Gotham Restaurant Unique Include:
- Rich red and purple velvets, mahogany wood and fabulous art deco to provide a warm atmosphere.
- American-style steak house featuring the best prime Alberta beef.
- Chic New York feel to the restaurant.
We asked for some recommendations from our server, but we were very happy with our choices while we dined. Here are some of the server’s top choices and ours.
Top Three Appetizers
- Sautéed Garlic Shrimp
- Fried Calamari with Cajun mayonnaise and hot cherry peppers
- Lobster bisque
Top Three Mains
- Steak and Lobster (Our main choice and excellent choice at that! Surf and turf always rules in my books)
- Double-Cut Lamb Chops
- Porterhouse Steak (Make sure you have saved up your appetite for this massive piece of succulent meat!)
- You can order sides to go along with your main dish such as Fresh Asparagus, Spiced Sautéed Mushrooms or Onions, Sugar Snap Peas, Gotham Hash Brown or Alaskan King Crab Legs. Yum!
Top Three Desserts
- Baked American Cheesecake with Mixed Berry Sauce (As seen above)
- Sticky Toffee Pudding (with a Scottish influence and spectacular!)
- Key Lime Pie (We didn’t get to try it but it was recommended to us by our server as one of the best dishes on the dessert menu.)
In a Nutshell
The St. Regis Hotel is perfect for a mini escape in the city of Vancouver, whether you are a local or planning a visit. With a friendly and highly efficient front desk service, world-class hotel amenities and services, and an all inclusive program feature, this boutique-style hotel offers the perfect opportunity to unwind, relax and escape in the city.
The Gotham Restaurant is perfect for every type of dining experience whether you want to meet up with friends as you are passing through town, holding a business party or celebrating an event of any kind. It may be a bit loud on popular dining nights such as Thursday, Friday and Saturday, but it only adds to the flavour and experience of dining in a New York-style restaurant.
The dishes were exceptional, with the Steak and Lobster being the best course and the Sticky Toffee Pudding was to die for! I can honestly say that the New York Steak that I had with my Steak and Lobster main was the best steak I have ever tasted throughout all of my travels, locally and abroad. If you love steak and you want it cooked to perfection, go to the Gotham Steakhouse and Cocktail Bar.
I will, without a doubt, stay at the St. Regis Hotel next time I need to escape from the daily grind and I will reserve a spot at Gotham so I can indulge in an exceptional juicy steak once again. I highly recommend this hotel and restaurant to locals, tourists and business executives that are seeking convenience, comfort and a luxurious all inclusive stay when in the City of Vancouver, British Columbia.
602 Dunsmir Street.
615 Seymour Street
* A special thank you to the General Manager at the St. Regis Hotel, Jeremy Roncoroni, Paul Done at Epic Media and the Management Team at Gotham Steakhouse for arranging and contributing to our media stay and dining experience.*