Posted March 30, 2009 by Adam Toren in Vancouver Real Estate

Licensed inspectors, what a crazy concept!


In the past, training was voluntary and anyone could call themselves a home inspector! Scary thought, eh?

Hard to believe but sometimes they would miss little things like A CRACKED FOUNDATION that they should have identified. Then the poor homebuyer had no recourse.

Under the new standards, the province’s 400 home inspectors will be required to meet the qualifications of one of the following organizations:

The Canadian Association of Home & Property Inspectors

The Applied Science Technologists and technicians of BC, or

The National Certification Program for Home Property Inspectors.

Home inspectors must complete examinations and field experience, undergo a criminal records check and pay a license fee.

Don’t forget to ask to see their license!

If you do have a complaint about a licensed inspector visit the BCPA website at: www.bpcpa.ca or call 1-888-564-9963.

Adam Toren

Adam Toren
Adam Toren is born and raised in Vancouver BC and loves everything Vancouver BC has to offer. He loves traveling and exploring new and unique restaurants and places around the world.