Top 5 Free Activities in Vancouver
If you’re traveling around Vancouver on a budget and you are looking for some free activities to get involved with, there are plenty of fun free things to do in the city! Vancouver is filled with outdoor activities, festivals, beaches and landmarks to see and enjoy. Check out these top 5 free activities and get out there and experience Vancouver to the fullest.
- If you happen to be visiting during the summer months then you will be delighted to know that you might be able to catch the HSBC Celebration of Light fireworks display. It features four explosive nights of competing firework companies from around the world. Head down to English Bay and grab a seat on the grass early, as this event is extremely crowded every year.
- Rollerblade, jog, bike, skate or walk along the Stanley Park seawall and enjoy the luscious trees, flowers and green grass. It is truly beautiful, and people come from around the world to see one of the largest parks across North America.
- Head to any of Vancouver’s fine beaches. Visitors can choose from Jericho Beach, Kitsilano Beach, Spanish Banks, Wreck Beach (note: nudist beach!), English Bay, Second or Third Beach. You can people-watch on English Bay, play beach sports at Jericho or catch a tan on Kitsilano Beach.
- Take the family or go with your friends to Granville Island. Walk over the Granville Street Bridge and down to Granville Island shops, market, bars and restaurants. You don’t have to spend any money and you can stroll through the market and see all types of gifts, souvenirs, games, food and displays. Sometimes they have music playing on the island and you can sit back and admire the glorious views of downtown Vancouver.
- Tour the city from top to bottom. Visitors can walk around every corner of downtown Vancouver in a day, including stops along the way. Wear some comfy shoes and take a camera!