Best Dates on a Budget
If you are looking for a place to take your date and you feel that you cannot afford any of Vancouver’s top spots, then check out some of these ideas. You don’t have to break the bank to go out with someone you like, as there are many great places you can go that cost under $5—or are even free. Check out some of these great date ideas and create some chemistry!
- Check out Granville Island together and spend a day walking around the market, checking out shops, museums and more. The market is a giant public space and it can be a lot of fun to walk around and look at the different types of food and crafts. Sometimes there is live music to listen to and there is always people-watching to do.
- Chinatown is full of history and you can walk around and experience the culture together. Walk over to the Dr. Sun Yat-sen Gardens and enjoy the tranquil atmosphere with your date—it is a free attraction for all to visit and enjoy.
- Walk on the seawall. You can find the seawall all around the downtown core, where you and your date can enjoy a beautiful moonlit stroll or evening sunset. You could even walk your furry friends if you both have one.
- Stop for coffee at Café Artigiano and enjoy a decorated café latte with your date. They make designs in the top of the coffee! Walk through Gastown and see some Canadian art.
- Go to Kitsilano Beach and play some volleyball, catch a tan or have a picnic with your date. Kitsilano Beach is a beautiful place to hang out and get to know someone you like. If you stay for the sunset you will have excellent views of English Bay, the north shore mountains and downtown Vancouver.