The Granville Island Hotel and Dockside Restaurant “Vancouver’s Island Oasis”
Located on one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city of Vancouver, the pet-friendly Granville Island Hotel and Dockside Restaurant offers the perfect place to dine, play and stay. The staff is welcoming, hotel rooms are luxurious, the restaurant and lounge area is enticing and the hotel remains one of Vancouver’s best kept secrets.
Some of the main hotel amenities are on-site parking for guests, nearby bike rentals, a business centre, a fitness centre and jacuzzi, as well as aerobic classes and recreational sports at the next-door False Creek Community Centre. Accommodations are available for those seeking a budget-friendly stay or who want to live lavishly on the island. Guests can choose anything from cozy standard and superior rooms to luxury executive suites and the penthouse.
This gem-like boutique hotel rests on the shores of False Creek which overlooks the entire city making this hotel stay truly unique to others in the Vancouver area. Meeting rooms are available for those high powered meetings with colleagues, a roof top hot tub is perfect for relaxing those tired muscles after a workout and the gastronomy in the Dockside Restaurant is to die for.
Three Highlights that Make this Hotel Unique
- Luxurious penthouses with phenomenal False Creek Views
- Every hotel room is uniquely furnished compared to the next
- Located on one of the largest attractions, Granville Island in Vancouver, British Columbia
Amenities? Yes Please!
- In-room coffee makers with select coffees and teas
- Roof top hot tub
- Complimentary high speed wireless internet
- Irons and ironing boards
- Data port telephones
- Stocked mini-bar fridges
- Robes and slippers
- Pet-friendly services
- Television with on demand channels
- Granville Island Public Market nearby
- Boutique shops and cafes outside front of hotel
- Dockside Restaurant on-site
- Nearby kayak or bike rentals
- Deluxe mattresses, triple sheeting and duvets
- 42″ Flat Screen TV’s
- Penthouse rentals
- Vending machines
- Audio visual services
- Wedding venues and menus
- Work desk
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
In a Nutshell
My stay at the Granville Island Hotel was short and sweet and it gave me just enough of an experience to be able to recommend it to my readers, as well as to my friends and family. Our room was extremely cozy and charming, as well as impeccable and classy. We also had a superb view of False Creek and the passing boats. The furnishings within the room offers guests the opportunity to have everything at their fingertips while staying on Granville Island and in the city of Vancouver, British Columbia. The staff at the front desk were warm and inviting, as well as knowledgeable and cheerful.
The Dockside Restaurant: Panoramic Views, Classic Dishes and First-Class Service
As a Reader’s Choice Winner, the Dockside Restaurant is situated on the waterfront of beautiful Granville Island which offers spectacular sunset views of False Creek, Yaletown and the North Shore Mountains. This attractive and cozy restaurant offers guests a gastronomic experience unlike other restaurants in the city of Vancouver, British Columbia. Featuring a 50-foot aquarium, an intimate lounge area and an award-winning patio just perfect for False Creek sunset views, the Dockside Restaurant is the perfect venue to dine at while visiting Vancouver and while staying at the Granville Island Hotel.
Three Highlights that Make the Dockside Restaurant Unique
- A 50-foot aquarium filled with market price seafood
- Cozy fireplaces and casual seating areas
- Open dining room for panoramic and sunset views
I asked for some recommendations from our server, but we were very happy with our choices while we dined. Here are some of the server’s top choices and ours.
Top Three Appetizers
- Forno Flat Bread (One of the most scrumptious flat breads I have ever tasted and I have sampled many on my media visits. The best ingredient is the warm goat cheese!)
- Legendary Chili Squid (Oh so yummy and full of taste! Don’t miss out!)
- Saltspring Island Mussels
Top Three Mains
- Herb Crusted North Pacific Halibut
- Thai Bouillabaise (This was my choice and it was full of Thai flavour)
- Five Spice BBQ Half Duck (I’ll be sampling this dish on my next visit)
Top Three Desserts
- The Vetka #9 (Vanilla pastry cream and hazelnut praline deep fried inside bric pastry with milk chocolate. A vanilla lover’s dream!)
- Creme Brulee (Who can say no to one of the most famous desserts of all time? The Dockside Restaurant’s creme brulee is an ultimate comfort food!)
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with cherry compote and candied almonds
In a Nutshell
The Dockside Restaurant is perfect for every type of dining experience whether you are on a first date, celebrating a 40th anniversary or planning a wedding reception for 200 people. With a wide selection of dishes to satisfy all types of appetites and cravings, this restaurant offers guests to Granville Island and Vancouver a whole new level of waterfront dining including glorious city of Vancouver views. I will definitely be returning to this restaurant to try the Seared Qualicum Bay Scallops, the Five Spice BBQ Half Duck and the Sorbet Trio. I recommend that you book your dining experience when you know it is going to be sunny and a clear night as the views of False Creek, Yaletown and the entire city is absolutely breath taking.
Granville Island Hotel
1253 Johnston Street
Canada V6H 3R9
Telephone: (604) 683-7373
1253 Johnston Street (Granville Island)
Vancouver B.C. V6H 3R9