Splashdown Water Park: The Perfect Wet n’ Wild Family-Fun Activity
If you are looking for a place to enjoy some splish splashin’ fun with the family, Splashdown Water Park is the perfect choice for a sunny hot day. Known as a family favourite for years, the park welcomes people of all ages to come and enjoy the slides, games, snacks and picnic areas.
Spend quality time with your loved ones in a place where there is something for everyone. There are a variety of wet n’ wild attractions to try out with your best friend, Uncle or Mom and make memories of a lifetime.
Try the Black Hole and the Bonsai Blueline which are two completely enclosed pipes that offer more of an adrenaline rush and for some, a little fear. You don’t know what’s coming with the Black Hole, but the Blueline has some light to give you a head’s up.
There is a 10,000 gallon therapeutic hot tub where parents and children can get cosy when they feel a little chilly, a children’s splash park area, children’s slides, a ramp slide, advanced slides, intermediate slides, a main pool area, a picnic and seating area and more. The opportunities for fun in the sun are endless when you plan to spend the day at Splashdown Water Park.
Splashdown Water Park also hosts a variety of events such as promotions sponsored by local radio stations, as well as beverage and food producers which can add some fun to any day at the park. If you sign up for email alerts from the park about these special events, you can save up to $8 off your next admission. Check it out here.
If you want to get in on the action before the season is over, check out the rates for admission and plan your visit to one of British Columbia’s “coolest” water parks. The park also offers catering, birthday party arrangements and excellent group rates if you are planning a big celebration or event.
Three Highlights that Make This Family-Friendly Attraction Unique:
• The Black Hole and its mind-bending experience for those 48″ tall and above.
• Shaded picnic table areas that you can rent out for birthdays, special events and family barbecues.
• Seating areas in front of all the slides so parents and guardians can watch their children slip and slide and have fun all day long.
Activities and Services Provided By Splashdown Water Park Include:
• The Black Hole
• Blueline Slide
• Big Jim’s River Run
• Intermediate Slides
• Advanced Slides
• Main Pool
• Group Picnic Areas
• Children’s Slides
• Ramp Slide
• Children’s Splash Park
• Hot Tub
• Video Game Room
• Food, Snacks and Ice Cream Treats
• Barbecues to use
• Plenty of seating areas and chairs
• Vending Machines
• Change Rooms and Toilets
Tips for Visitors: Some Things To Know Before You Go
• You can bring in your own food and drinks if you wish which is a budget-friendly idea if you are going to spend the whole day there with thirsty and hungry little ones.
• If you are prone to slipping, it might be best to wear a pair of aqua shoes with grips.
• Bring a beach umbrella for shade as it gets quite hot on the grass on a sunny day.
• Make sure your kids (and you too!) are wearing sun block at all times. Even a cloudy day can cause sun burns to happen.
• Bring plenty of water and stay hydrated.
Our Family Experience at Splashdown Water Park
Our family had a fabulous time at Splashdown Water Park and thoroughly enjoy all the available slides and activities. While us adults spent most of the time relaxing on the grass nearby the slides and enjoying being outdoors, the kids, ages 10,11 and 14 absolutely loved it! There were numerous families there which was expected for a sunny Saturday and even though there were so many people, there was always a space to sit on the grass. Some areas were reserved for birthday parties and family barbecues which I thought was a good idea for another future visit.
The change rooms were ok with regards to cleanliness, but I don’t expect much from any change room when it has parents and kids running through it all day. It is pretty much what you would expect from any public pool change room. Get in, change, get out, have fun. It is as simple as that!
It was great that there were available snacks and food items as a back-up plan if you didn’t bring anything as you will definitely need to re-hydrate throughout the day.
There were more advanced slides for adults and kids over 48″ tall and ramps and intermediate slides for those just wanting to take everything at their own pace. I watched other families gather around and enjoy their time together throughout the day and I really felt a good vibe about the whole Splashdown experience.
In A Nutshell
When it comes to family fun outdoors, this park is definitely a top choice for genuine time with the family. Perfect for any type of family, age group and energy level, Splashdown Water Park is a must-do every summer.
* A special thank you to the President of Splashdown Park, Tom Oliver for providing us with a visit to the park.
P.O. Box 1266
Delta, B.C. Canada V4M 3T3
Phone: (604) 943-2251