Introducing the Georgian Court Hotel and Frankie’s Italian Kitchen
“Convenience, Class and Comfort All Rolled Into One”
The Georgian Court Hotel offers all types of travelers the perfect escape within the vibrant city of Vancouver, British Columbia.
This 180-room boutique hotel is part of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World TM group and offers accommodations in the form of deluxe guest rooms, a female-friendly Orchid floor, spacious suites and luxury penthouses.
The Georgian Court Hotel is the only downtown Vancouver boutique hotel that is close to the famous BC Place Stadium and Rogers Arena (formerly GM Place) where the Vancouver Canucks hold their home games and where a variety of concerts are held.
The Orchid Floor was introduced in 2009 and is a special bonus for female travelers visiting the bright city lights of Vancouver. The Georgian Court Hotel is pleased to offer female guests with everything they need while traveling such as yoga mats and flat irons, as well as ease any travel anxiety during their stay.
Business travelers can utilize any of the four meeting rooms for meetings, banquets, business luncheons and more. If guests need to conduct any business during their stay they have full access to a 24-hour business centre, complimentary wireless internet, cordless speaker phones and a complimentary downtown drop off shuttle service.
Looking for fine dining but want to stay close to your hotel? With convenience and tasty Italian cuisine in mind, the Georgian Court Hotel offers its guests the opportunity to dine at their on-site restaurant, Frankie’s Italian Kitchen & Bar where they can indulge in budget-friendly, mouth-watering authentic Italian dishes. Samples menu items such as the Thyme Crusted Halibut and Seafood Linguine (I tried both and they were delicious!) or fabulous Italian pizzas. At Frankie’s Italian Kitchen, it’s all about friends.
Three Highlights that Make This Hotel Unique
- The Orchid Floor. This hotels has 18 rooms that offer extra amenities for female travelers such as upgraded Aveda products, flat irons, skirt hangers, yoga mats, curling irons and ladies-only emergency kits.
- Convenience. The hotel is close to all major Vancouver attractions and venues such as Rogers Arena, Stanley Park, Science World, Gastown, trendy Yaletown, Pacific Centre Mall, cruise ship terminals, Robson Street shopping, Vancouver entertainment district and more.
- Frankie’s Italian Kitchen. This restaurant is a fantastic touch to this ‘Small Luxury Hotel’ and offers guests fine dining within the property and a colourful menu including scrumptious pasta and seafood dishes. (Don’t miss out on their fantastic tiramisu dessert!)
Room Amenities Provided by The Georgian Court Hotel Include:
- Central air conditioning
- Room service
- Ladies-emergency kits (Only in the Orchid Rooms)
- Morning newspaper (Complimentary)
- 220 thread-count percale sheets
- Hypo-allergenic duvets & pillows
- Opening windows
- 37″ Flat screen TVs
- Pay per view movies (Fee)
- Coffee and tea maker with a selection of teas and coffee grinds
- Dual – line cordless phone
- Private voice mail
- Ironing board & iron
- Complimentary wired & wireless high-speed Internet
- Bathrobe and slippers
- Complimentary local calls
- Complimentary in-room safe
- Seattle’s Best Coffee served with in room coffee service
- Complimentary bottled water
- Pet-friendly options
The Georgian Court Hotel’s Facilities Include:
- Business center
- Fitness center
- Steam room and whirlpool
- Complimentary downtown shuttle service
- Pet-friendly options
- In-room spa services (on request – minimum 24 hr notice required)
- Secure underground parking
- Complimentary Bike rentals
- Dry cleaning service
- Laundry service
- Umbrella service
- And more!
My Personal Experience
While it was a short visit, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Georgian Court Hotel. This unique small luxury hotel is spotless, cozy and convenient. Everything I required during a downtown Vancouver stay was available to me and the Orchid Floor was a nice touch for woman traveling together or solo. When I arrived the front desk staff were pleasant and extremely friendly, as well as knowledgeable about nearby venues and shops. Little extras in the room were fantastic such as ear plugs, Aveda products and a flat iron for us ladies who forget to grab it when running to catch a flight or taxi. I spent some time in the steam room and whirlpool and also had a hearty work out in the fitness facility. The fitness facilities had most of what a regular gym goer would need such as free weights, a universal machine and cardio machines such as a bike, stair master, treadmill and elliptical. There was also water and towels available and a box filled with yoga necessities. Our Deluxe Double guest room was clean and the beds were comfortable. I especially loved the soft pillows which you could just sink into and relax.
Our dining experience at Frankie’s Italian Kitchen was superb and our enthusiastic server Jerry was extremely hospitable and happy to share his knowledge on all of the dishes. We tried the Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops which we loved (just wish there were more on the plate!) and the Funghi pizza which included cremini mushrooms, caramelized onions, mozzarella cheese and asiago sauce. As I love dishes that offer more heat, I would of preferred a little more spice on the pizza, but you can ask for chili flakes which give just enough of the spice you desire.
For our mains we shared the Seafood Linguine which was delicious and the delectable Thyme Crusted Halibut which was definitely my favourite. Any seafood lover will fall in love with this dish! For dessert, I ordered the Dessert Trio which was comprised of a decadent piece of cheesecake, tiramisu and chocolate ice cream treat. I was very happy with my experience at this dining venue and will return with some friends in the near future.
My Final Thoughts
The Georgian Court Hotel is ideal for all types of travelers whether guests are visiting Vancouver on business or for pleasure. It is close to everything the city has to offer and its on-site restaurant is the perfect addition to a hotel stay at this Small Luxury Hotel of the World.
* A special thank you to Constance in the Marketing and Sales Department for arranging this visit and our server Jerry in Frankie’s Restaurant for offering all of his knowledge and recommendations, as well as his outstanding enthusiasm.
The Georgian Court Hotel
773 Beatty Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 2M4
Toll Free: 1-800-663-1155